Hello you, who stumbled upon my little corner on the internet.
Thanks for reading my attempts at book reviews. And thanks for being interested in reading a stranger’s bio, a.k.a. mine. You’re the nicest.
Since you’re showing interest in getting to know me, I drew up a list of 10 random facts about myself.
Here it goes.
- My name’s Meghan and nobody ever spells my name right unless I spell it out loud.
- I’m a French Canadian from Québec (that’s why nobody in this province knows how to spell my name).
- I’m a serious coffee addict, and I won’t ever put myself through rehab! Drinking a coconut milk latte always makes me very happy.
- I’m a 5w4 on the Enneagram. That’s by far the most accurate description of my personality I’ve ever had the chance to read.
- I strongly prefer reading books in English and though I force myself to read one book in French once in a while (gotta keep up with that crazy grammar) I never really enjoy them.
- I’m a proud Ravenclaw. My second house is Slytherin (I haven’t yet crossed over to the dark side and I intend to keep it that way—who wants to trade the smart kids’ club for the mean kids’ club?).
- I’m obsessed with very random and specific things, including Vlad the Impaler (and everything Dracula related); the Phantom of the Opera; ghosts; witches; the moon; cats (especially mine, her name’s Opale); real-life castles; Sam Heughan (and Jamie Fraser); Timothée Chalamet; everything autumn; Scotland; Romania; New England and the Pacific Northwest. I’m probably forgetting some but hey, there’s a lot.
- For an unknown and somewhat curious reason, I have a soft spot for messed-up guys in books (only in books, plz don’t worry about my real-life relationships). Draco Malfoy, Adrian Ivashkov, Noah Shaw, and Matthew Clairmont are my faves.
- I seriously think that if you somehow mix a mystery plot with paranormal elements and a historical setting, it’s gonna end up as the best book ever (yes, The Diviners by Libba Bray has a special place in my heart. If you haven’t read this book yet, what the hell are you waiting for?).
- I rarely watch movies because you can’t put me in front of a screen for 2 hours and hope to entertain me. Although I can make an exception for the movie Call Me by Your Name. Anytime. My soul thrives whenever I watch it.
That being said, I hope you will find my bookish posts most entertaining and helpful. I shall put my heart in each and every review I will write.
P.S. I’m a mood reader and a seasonal reader. Whether I love a book or not often depends on my mood, and thus I tend to rate the books I read based on enjoyment alone. Since this blog is for discussing some books I read and not necessarily for convincing you or dissuading you to read them, I don’t think my arbitrary ratings are of much interest to you. If you are curious about those ratings, though, feel free to check out my Goodreads.
Disclaimer: I am not paid to review books or promote them. Every single review on this blog reflects my own personal opinion.